Fandom: Final Fantasy X-2
Pairings: Gippal/Baralai
Rating: Mature
Length: 29,260
Creator Links:
eternalbreath
Theme: [Amnesty] Favorite Fanworks, Mutual Pining, Politics, Pretend Couple, Research, Worldbuilding
Summary: Gippal kisses Baralai in view of the entire world during a tumultuous political time to save him from an incredibly awkward date. To prevent his carefully laid plans from going askew, Baralai has to pretend to date Gippal, when all he really wants is to date him for real.
Reccer's Notes: The premise of this fic is amazing, and the execution even more so! I just about devoured this fic when I first discovered it and couldn't stop reading! I love the depiction of New Yevon politics in this; there's so much more to it than just Baralai dating Gippal for optics, and the mundanity of negotiating for needed votes and the importance of meeting scheduling could only have been written by someone who has seen (all too much!) of it from the inside.
Fanwork Links: Politics of Love
Pairings: Gippal/Baralai
Rating: Mature
Length: 29,260
Creator Links:
Theme: [Amnesty] Favorite Fanworks, Mutual Pining, Politics, Pretend Couple, Research, Worldbuilding
Summary: Gippal kisses Baralai in view of the entire world during a tumultuous political time to save him from an incredibly awkward date. To prevent his carefully laid plans from going askew, Baralai has to pretend to date Gippal, when all he really wants is to date him for real.
Reccer's Notes: The premise of this fic is amazing, and the execution even more so! I just about devoured this fic when I first discovered it and couldn't stop reading! I love the depiction of New Yevon politics in this; there's so much more to it than just Baralai dating Gippal for optics, and the mundanity of negotiating for needed votes and the importance of meeting scheduling could only have been written by someone who has seen (all too much!) of it from the inside.
Fanwork Links: Politics of Love
no subject
Date: 2023-12-04 11:03 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2023-12-05 12:17 pm (UTC)Oh, trust me: FFX entered my life during a very pivotal period, and has been pretty much permanently taken up residence in the recesses of my brain :'D I went through a Let's Play of X-2 last year as well (and I should really get that bundle on the Switch someday...) and yeah, I really do still love this world and my boys as much as I did when I was 11 <3
And absolutely: this fic deals with post-Sin Spira, particularly in regards to the Al Bhed (but things such as Shuyin definitely have an impact too) more than any other I've read! I'm so glad I could connect it to you haha <33